Thursday, September 24, 2009

Today was a great day

Today is Thursday. Also known as the day before the weekend starts, and the night of the season premiere for Greys! Today was a great day. And come to think of it, most of my days lately have been great days. I enjoy waking up every morning and going to do something that I really like. It makes the time fly by and I feel like I am making a difference. I've only been doing my internships for a few weeks but I have already met so many wonderful people, been to some pretty cool events, and made some friends along the way. I can only hope that I will continue to enjoy what I'm doing for a long time and one day make a career out of it. Even if I have to remind myself everyday, I will never take for granted the wonderful opportunities that I have in front of me.

On another note, I have been thinking quiet a bit about this whole "keeping in touch with people" thing. Let me just say that for starters, it really sucks. For a society that is so obsessed with staying "connected" we really have a bad habit of letting ourselves get out of touch with friends and family. I know that I am just as guilty of this as anyone else. We call people when we need something, when its convenient, when we know it won't result in a 30 minute conversation. And while all of that is fine and true, its kind of sad to say. My family and friends are what matters the most to me. And I know that I don't appreciate them as much as I should. I know I don't call them enough, or tell them how much they mean to me enough. So this is for anyone out there who thinks about calling someone and then says, "Oh, I'll do it tomorrow." Do it today. Because let's face it, tomorrow is not guaranteed. And if someone matters enough to you, a 5 minute phone call to tell them that shouldn't be too much to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment