Sunday, September 6, 2009

Life is Short

Lately it seems as though I am constantly being reminded about how short life is. When I was younger, I couldn't wait to grow up, be done with school, get married and start a family. Now that I'm older, I'd give anything to go back to middle school and do it all over again. Only this time I would cherish it more. Instead of wishing for time to fly by, I would savor every second and never take one minute for granted. My grandpa told me today on the phone, "The older you get the faster time goes by." I've heard this saying a million times but it really hit home today. I cannot believe my four years of college are over. I cannot believe I'm going shopping for business clothes tomorrow to wear to work! Every day seems to go by faster than the one before. So for now, I'm soaking up every minute. Because you never know when it might be your last.

With that said...tell some one you love them, miss them, care about them, need them in your life, appreciate them, want to take them to Mickey D's to get a happy meal. Whatever it is you need to say, SAY IT NOW. Unspoken words will never be heard. Like John Mayer said, "Say what you need to say."

RIP Mary Jane- Thanks for all the beanie babies, American Girl clothes, bath and body works stuff, jewelry...and of course all the memories.




"Did you ever wonder what it would be like if you weren’t you anymore? If you were suddenly gone how would your world react? Whatever you imagined was wrong. There’s nothing romantic about death. Grief is like the ocean: it’s deep and dark and bigger than all of us. And pain is like a thief in the night. Quiet. Persistent. Unfair. Diminished by time and faith and love."
-One Tree Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment