Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Living for the moment...

I am not exaggerating when I say that my life has been boring lately. I don't mean it in a bad way, but just not that much has been going on. My summer job officially starts next Monday, and I'm sure after a few days with my campers I will be wishing I had those boring days back. But seriously, I am excited to start the job and have something to do! These days my life consists of waking up around 9, finding a breakfast that's low in carbs, sugar, flavor, smell, you get the point. After that I'm usually off to the gym to do my cardio or lift weights. The afternoon usually consists of laying by the pool reading Twilight (Hey, everyone else is doing it right?)Evenings consist of fixing a healthy dinner, and searching for something semi-interesting on tv. I would say that the latest I've stayed up the past couple of weeks is 12am. How sad is that? I used to be such a nighttime person! I never thought I would see the day where I would go to bed early and wake up before noon. I guess there's hope for college grads after all. And as far as my social life goes, let's just say I am officially not in college anymore. One or two nights a week of going out and I'm exhausted. Some of you who know me well are probably sitting at the computer with mouths open at this point. I swear its still me posting these blogs! I think adulthood is slowly trying to creep in. Don't worry, I won't go down without a fight.
I guess you could say I'm living for the moment. I don't really have much on my mind other than what I'm doing with the day at hand. I'm starting to see this as a good and bad thing. For the past four years I have been on a roller coaster of stressful days and nights, constant dramatic situations, and never ending deadlines. So going from that, to being practically stress and worry free, is a weird feeling. There is part of me that thinks I should be more worried right now. I only have a job thru August, and after that I have no idea what I'm doing with the rest of my life. Scary right? But then another part of me sees this as a great thing. I can do whatever I want with the rest of my life. How exciting is that! I have no limits or boundaries as to what career path I can choose! And everyday, much to my parents dismay, I come up with another career path that I might like to pursue. The whole thing is exciting/scary/motivating/nerve wracking all at the same time. My feelings are this. Enjoy each day that you have because once it's gone you will never get it back. I'm sure someone really famous already said that but it is true. Why spend your days wallowing in self-pity and regret when you can choose to look at each day with optimism and a positive attitude. Someone let me know if these last few sentences are too corny because I'm almost starting to surprise myself with how happy my thoughts are.

1 comment:

  1. no way. i think it's awesome. we're in each other's fan club. that rules if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete