Saturday, June 6, 2009

Apparently people do read my blogs...

It has come to my attention recently that more than 3 people read my blogs. In the past week or so a few brave readers have come forward to tell me that they have indeed read the writings from the very depth of my soul...or something like that. I find it a little funny when people tell me that they read my blogs. I guess part of me thought I was just writing for the sake of writing and no one actually cared what I was saying. Other than my one loyal commenter I have had no feedback or encouragement about my posts. So now I'm wondering, do you people actually like what you're reading or are you just bored with facebook and twitter? I want to write things that people WANT to read. I want people to wake up in the morning and feel like they need to read my inspirational blog before they start their day. Hey, a girl can dream can't she?

The more and more I watch Chelsea Lately (on E! for all of you who have been living under a rock), the more I want to be like her. Not necessarily the part of her who excessively parties and acts ridiculous, but the part of her that commands people's attention and can make a hilarious joke without even trying. A few people have even gone so far as to tell me that I resemble her. I'm not sure if they meant looks wise or personality but I guess I'll take it as a compliment either way. But the point is, she is sassy, confident, insanely successful, and people love her.

A couple weeks ago, someone asked me what I really wanted to do with my life. It seems that this has become the million dollar question lately. I thought about the question for a moment before I answered him. Finally, I responded that I wanted to write a book. I told him that I wanted to write a book about life, before, during and after college. Non-fiction short stories? I'm not sure if my friends will be willing. Ha! To this he responded with great enthusiasm and told me he would be the first to by it, without even knowing if I'm a good writer or not. I felt inspired by his encouragement, yet afraid at the same time. Afraid to fail, afraid to start and never finish, or maybe even afraid that I might be really successful. Lately I've learned that we all need a little push to get our feet moving in the right direction. Perhaps floating around in a pool all day is not the right path for motivation. I am seriously lacking self-motivation right now. Maybe its because I already feel accomplished for getting through the last four years with out any serious problems. A ton of minor set backs yes, but looking back, it seems like I blinked and college was over. And now my life has really started and I can't just blink again to go backwards. Forward is where I must go. But it seems like right now I'm just stuck standing still.

1 comment:

  1. People are pining for your posts Miss Rowe :)

    J

    ReplyDelete