Saturday, February 7, 2009

Laying down gives you alot of time to think...

My left leg is officially broken. I slipped on some ice Tuesday night and landed in a not so great position. I had surgery on Thursday to put in 2 screws and a plate to help stabilize my broken fibula. Now that I am out of the hospital, I've been doing a lot of laying around and sleeping. Two things that I used to enjoy doing very much. How ironic. My leg is throbbing, despite the awesome pain meds, and I can feel the staples in my leg. Disgusting right? Despite everything, this accident has made me realize how lucky I am to have such a strong support system. My mom left home at 5:30am and got to Blacksburg by 11am on Wednesday. My email and cell phone have been blowing up with messages from people. Even though I was only in the hospital for a night, I had a few special people stop by and see me. All of these things mean so much to me.



At first when all of this happened, I was angry and upset. I thought, why me? But now I see this as a reason for me to slow down and appreciate every little thing about my last semester at Virginia Tech. Sure, this may not be the way I had pictured spending my last semester, but I tend to forget that someone else has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself. After only 4 days of not being able to get around much, I have learned that I need to work on patience, trusting others, and not being so stubborn. A hard way to learn a lesson, but I know I will be a better person in the end. The scar on my leg will be a constant reminder of my last semester at Tech, and I plan to make it a semester to remember.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you learned one of many lessons.........

    ReplyDelete