Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween Kids!

I know I'm a little late in wishing everyone a Happy Halloween but its the thought that counts right? Needless to say my Halloween weekend entertaining and eventful. I managed to come home with my wallet, purse, cell phone, and most of my dignity still in tact.

This past Friday I gave in to peer pressure and bought a Halloween costume. I told myself I was not dressing up this year. I said that I was too old and didn't want to look silly. Well, apparently there is no official age were it becomes inappropriate to wear a costume. As I stood in line at the costume store for about 30 minutes, I noticed something interesting. A majority of the people in the store were adults, I'd say in their 30s or 40s. And much to my surprise, these people were not buying costumes for their kids, they were buying them for themselves. Grown women, moms, were trying on sexy cop costumes right before my very eyes. I was shocked, and kind of grossed out. Some of these people did not need to be wearing a sexy cop costume, if you know what I mean. So I thought to myself, am I going to be dressing up as a sexy cop when I'm a mom? Gosh I hope not. I didn't even want to dress up this year at 22 years old. When did Halloween become such a big event? I had my 4 years of fun/semi revealing costumes in college. And I thought the dressing up ended with that. But apparently I still have years to go. I'm not sure how I feel about that. And lets not forget to mention that my costume cost me 50 bucks! 50 bucks for an outfit that I'm going to wear one time. Who knows if it will still fit next year...I'm gonna go ahead and said it probably won't. So I guess I should start thinking of costume ideas for next year so I don't end up back in the Halloween store on the day before Halloween battling it out with moms for the last sexy cop costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment