Monday, August 24, 2009

Don't get your hopes up...

So lately there have been alot of things that I have been hoping for. I've had my hopes up for job opportunities, personal relationships, etc. But why is it that whenever you start hoping for something people always say, "Don't get your hopes up?" Is that just something people say or are they really trying to protect you from getting hurt/ being disappointed. Either way, I like having my hopes up. I like the feeling of waiting to see what is going to happen next and hoping it is something great. Of course I've had my hopes up many times before, and the results do not always turn out in my favor. Naturally, I then tell myself to not get my hopes up anymore and avoid the heartbreak/ disappointment all together. But how long can we really tell ourselves not to get our hopes up? Maybe we all like hoping that this time won't turn out like the last. This time things will work out like we've dreamed they would in our minds. This time we'll skip the heart ache and the doubt and head straight towards the happiness and joy. Here's to hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment