Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"That's right put in work, eat yo salad no dessert"

The title of this album comes from a song by Kanye West called "Workout Plan". Today started the first day of my official workout plan, also known as 3 days a week for 4 weeks with a personal trainer. (Insert shock and amazement here.) Today I had my first 1 hour session at 9:30am. I'm not gonna lie, I am just proud at the fact that I was able to wake up at such a time and get motivated. Before the session started I was terrified. I had butterflies in my stomach and I felt like I might throw up. How pathetic is that? I didn't really know what to expect. Part of me was envisioning my trainer being super strict and pushing me to the point that I pass out/ puke on myself/ go home in tears. But, I have to report that things went way better than I expected. I started my session by walking on the tred mil for 5 minutes to get my heart going. After that, I did different weight machines back to back for 3 or 4 reps. And for more fun on my days off from training, I get to do an hour of cardio. Today's session focused on arms and core. My arms felt like jelly after about 10 minutes. Sad, I know. I had to do push-ups ( or attempt to) and pull-ups( a joke). I had a mix of emotions throughout the whole session. Part of me felt really excited and motivated by the idea that if I keep doing all of this stuff I am going to look pretty darn good after 4 weeks. Another part of me felt slightly embarrassed and pathetic by the fact that I was struggling to do the weightlifting in a room full of people who are completely jacked. I almost felt like they were looking at me and thinking, "Wow this girl is way to young to be that out of shape and over weight." I know that is probably just me over reacting a bit. I felt a little guilty for having a personal trainer when most of the other people in there were motivating themselves. I almost felt like they were looking at me like, "Man this girl must be really spoiled and I bet her parents paid for her personal trainer." Which they did, but it was my present for graduation. That makes it okay right?

The whole point of doing this is because I want to be in better shape. Breaking my leg has left me with some serious set backs. My body is not the way it used to be and I want it back (especially if I plan on wearing a bathing suit this summer). I'm going to eat healthier and work out and make it a lifestyle change. The past four years at college have done nothing positive for my figure. I will miss the late night pizza and Jimmy Johns, but I know I'm better off without it. I know I still have a lot of work to do before I can even think about this but I'm hoping that if I really get into the whole working out thing and improve alot then maybe I can get myself certified to teach fitness classes or even be a personal trainer. Then I could work out all the time and get paid for it. Wishful thinking for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment