Thursday, May 7, 2009

Super "Emo" day

Today was reading day, also known as a day where I do absolutely nothing. For some reason I chose to watch the movie "Stop Loss", alone in my room. It made me miss a very good friend of mine who is in Iraq until December. Needless to say I got a little bit emotional. My life is so easy/amazing/carefree/happy/beautiful and sometimes I forget. Things could be so much worse but they AREN'T!!! Graduation is only 8 days away and the feeling is bittersweet. The sadness is slowly fading and excitement is setting in. I have so many great opportunities waiting for me after I leave here. For a while I thought I wasn't ready, but deep down I know it is time to go.

Tonight I found this amazing song and I cannot stop listening to it. The song is by Parachute and it is called "She is Love." When I was in High School I used to listen to music for hours in my room and sit and think. I almost forgot what how relaxing that can be until I found this song. I'm not sure exactly why but it hits me to the core. There is something so beautiful about the simplicity in the lyrics and the softness of the guitar. DOWNLOAD IT NOW if you haven't heard it. Every time I listen to it I feel peaceful and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment