Sunday, April 11, 2010

You may say that I'm a creeper, but I'm not the only one...

It's Sunday night. I'm tired, sunburned and a little dehydrated after the events of the weekend. I'm sitting here on the couch, watching Phil Mickelson break down each one of his shots for ESPN reporters, and I am deep in thought. Some of my best thinking happens on Sunday night. I reflect on the week prior and the events of the weekend. I think about the things that went well during the week, and the things that went not so well. Regardless, this week is almost gone and soon it will be time to start another. I learned a few things this weekend, and I mainly have my younger sister to thank.

Last night I attended a housewarming party for one of my co-workers who lives in Virginia Beach. My sister was nice enough to drive out and pick me up around midnight, since I was in no condition to drive. She patiently waited for me to finish the game I was playing, and then she carted me home. What a loving sister, right? This morning when I woke up, my sister and I began discussing the events of the night before. In a very blunt manner, she looked at me and said, "You were a creeper last night." If only I had a dollar for every time someone told me that. Ha! So I laughed it off, and then she said, "No really, you were like interrogating this guy and rubbing the top of his head." (I mean, I thought he acted like he liked it at the time). But looking back, yes, that is a little creepy. I also preceded to tell him that he would look hot in anything that he put on (which I still firmly believe), and I grilled him on everything from his favorite type of music, to his job, to his birthday, to where he lived. (And yes, he answered all of my questions in a satisfactory manner. I think he liked that I showed such an interest in getting to know him. Or not.)

So blog readers, I have decided to accept the reality that is my life and proudly say, I am a creeper. I want to know things about people. I ask questions, and I want answers. And while I take partial credit for my behavior, I blame 76% of the problem on modern technology. Facebook, myspace, twitter, etc. It encourages us to be CREEPY!! People put their personal information on a web page and expect other people not to look at it? I think not. We are all creepers, so more than others. Some might choose to deny their creepiness, but I choose to embrace it. I am an open book. I have nothing to hide. And I honestly think if more people took that approach, there would be less "creepiness" involved and more of a general interest to learn more about our neighbors, classmates, co-workers, etc. I am thankful I have my sister to remind me of my not so graceful moments. And I firmly believe, that one day, I will meet a guy who is comfortable with my creepiness, and accepts me for who I am, head rubbing and FBI style interrogating and all. Until then, cheers to creepers everywhere!

Now, moving on. For those of you who don't know, I am a whiner. I complain about almost everything. But luckily I have a best friend who complains just as much, if not more than I do. (Love you!) We get along so well because we both whine to one another and humor each other no matter how silly the whining may be. So, since my best friend is currently 200 miles away, I have decided to take my whining to the blog ( for tonight anyway). So here it goes. I am TIRED of logging on to facebook, only to read about lovestruck couples declaring their love for one another on each other's facebook wall, homepage, mini-feed, photo album, hot air balloon ride, etc. I am happy for you that after dating for 2 months you have found your "soul mate" and want the world to know. I mean honestly, I don't want to read about this but you really make it impossible for me not to. Call me jealous, I don't care. Call me a hater, I'll smile and wave at you. This is not directed to anyone in particular. If you are my friend and you are happy and in love, then I am happy for you. I am not however, happy to have to read about the events of your day on an hourly basis, and watch you count down via facebook status until the next time you can see your true love. (I just threw up in my mouth a little). Maybe I am jaded towards love and will never feel the way I did when I was a love struck teenager with stars in my eyes. Does that make me sad? Sure it does. But that still doesn't mean that I have to tolerate you blowing up my homepage on facebook. I will de-friend you. Don't push me.

(End of whiny rant).

Lastly, I just have a general statement to make. A guy in a relationship is 10 times more desirable than when he is just a plain old single guy. WHY IS THIS?? Maybe it's the fact that he is able to commit to one person for an extended period of time, and doesn't mind seeming like less of a man for sitting through chick flicks and going to wine tasting events. Whatever it is, Mr. "In a Relationship" goes from a 6 to an 8 on my "I want you" scale. But I just want to make this clear: if you were to magically become single again, I'm 90% sure that I wouldn't want you anymore. So just stay in your happy, committed relationship, and I will find someone else to want. That's all. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment