Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Technology is NOT my friend

Hello, hello! For those of you who don't know, my computer broke last week and I just got it back last night. I have spent the majority of the day reloading itunes, wireless internet, anti virus software, and lets not forget digging through the storage shed in my back yard to find the Microsoft Office CD that came with my computer two years ago. I can now finally say that my computer is as good as new with everything on it working properly! Thank goodness. This past week without a computer I learned that I really don't miss not having a computer. I felt alot less stressed and didn't have nearly as many headaches as I normally do. So maybe my computer breaking was a sign.

Anyways, not too much has been going on lately. Valentine's Day came and went and I really didn't seem to notice too much. That's probably because I worked Saturday and Sunday and didn't really have time to think about the flowers and chocolates that I didn't get from the man of my dreams. Oh well, there's always next year right? And if I don't have a valentine next year I might just have to start sending myself flowers so I don't look like a loser. But who am I kidding, I pretty much look like a loser all the time anyway.

Today is exactly ONE WEEK until my birthday. I don't know why, but I have always been extremely over excited when it comes to celebrating my birthday. I think it comes from having a mom that planned an elaborate party every year since I can remember...one of my favorites being the stretch limo ride to McDonald's in first grade. So I guess I have always wanted to have a big celebration for my birthday. I mean, who wouldn't want to celebrate the day I graced this world with my presence? So this year, I am having 2 birthday parties. (Mainly to make up for the fact that last year on my birthday I was laying in bed with a broken leg while everyone else was out celebrating Fat Tuesday).

For party number one I will be having a small group of friends over to my house on Saturday to have drinks and appetizers before we go out in Norfolk. For party number two, I will be going up to Northern Virginia to visit THE love of my life and experience the night life in DC for the first time. Needless to say I am extremely excited for both parties and cannot wait until this weekend!

I'd like to end this blog with a few things that have been on my mind lately:

1. It's crazy to me that someone I never thought I would go a day without thinking about is slowing starting to fade from my life and mind all together. But I think it's for the best.

2. There is a part of me that is afraid that I will never find a love as pure and true as my first. I think subconsciously I compare every guy I meet with my first love. And I think to myself, he would never do the things that Jacob did for me. So then I wonder, why did I go and mess up our relationship in the first place. But I guess everything happens for a reason and if things were meant to work out between us they would have.

3. I will NEVER understand how girls can literally go from "I don't want a boyfriend" to up some guy's ass in a matter on weeks. I am not talking about anyone in particular, so don't freak out if you're my friend and you have a boyfriend. I'm just stating a general idea that I have about how girls are more afraid to cancel plans with a guy then they are to bail on their girl friends. And I think that's because they think the girl friends will always be there for them, where as the guy might move on and find someone else. But seriously, how pathetic does that sound? I will never, ever, change to make my life revolve around a guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment