Sunday, March 21, 2010

I guess you could say I've been a little MIA

Last time I updated this thing was about 20 days ago. Time really does fly! Especially when you have a real job and work 40+ hours a week. Not that I'm complaining...I'm just so grateful to have a job! After looking for 10 months, sending hundreds of resumes out, and almost losing my mind, I am happy to say that I am employed with a government contracting company in Suffolk.

Perks of the job include:
-a five minute commute with no traffic
-a Blackberry!!! (yay!)
- free lunches because my mom works 5 minutes away
-an awesome boss who is super flexible about everything
-a paycheck!! Can't forget to mention that one!

So I've been at the job almost 3 weeks now and I'd say I'm pretty settled in. Still getting used to how the office runs and all that, but overall things are off to a good start. I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible about the whole process, but I can't help but wonder what else might be out there for me. I guess there's nothing wrong with keeping your eyes open. The bottom line is, I want a job that makes me happy. I want a job that doesn't feel like work because I enjoy it that much. And I am confident that I will find that. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not even this year, but I know there are good things in store for me. : )

Now that I'm working and getting up at the crack of dawn, my social life has been pretty slow. I guess going to bed at 10pm every night probably doesn't help that situation. What can I say, I love sleep, and I do not like waking up feeling tired. So I am perfectly ok with being an old lady and going to bed early.

Other than that, things are good. I'll be heading up to DC next weekend to see the loves of my life (Amanda and Chelsea Handler!!) For those of you who have been living under a rock and don't know who Chelsea Handler is, please google her ASAP. It is my dream to meet her, become her new bff, and work as her assistant on her late night show "Chelsea Lately". I'll keep you posted on that after I see her this weekend! Hey, anything is possible! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Well Lauren, Welcome to the real World of Adulthood! Good luck w/finding the "perfect" job I've been looking 20+ yrs still havent found it, but I wouldnt rule it out you might be the lucky 1. There's always the +'s & -'s of a job & hopefully you can count more +'s. The only fulfilling jobs I have found dont pay w/George Washington's face etc. on them they come with big happy faces of contentment on them, most of the time in doing free labor. Whether it be my family,volunteering at school,church, helping a friend w/something, it sure doesnt pay in $ signs but it sure does add up. Let me know if you find that job I'll be all ears!
    Cuz, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda!! I really appreciate your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete